Wednesday, June 24, 2009

steps to my hunt

Well, I guess I should probably explain how I going about my journey to find a religion that seems to best suit me. It actually rather simple versus visiting all the different churches or temples right away I decided that I was going to read up on the different type of religions first. When I got back in May I went straight to the library and checked out different books on different religions focusing mainly on the Western religion front. But also another thing I did was to take different quizzes on just to see what it had to say what religion seem to be a better match to my beliefs. One of the quizzes I took was on Facebook the results ended up being Judaism which I found to be slight interesting since prior to last fall I never someone who was Jewish. Also at this I do not really know much about Judaism for never really having to been exposed to it. Yet, there was this one quiz that I took off at http://www.beliefnet.com/Entertainment/Quizzes/BeliefOMatic.aspx that seemed more reliable then any other quiz since it asked you twenty questions and also have you ranked them from strong feeling to weak feeling. Below I posted my result and well go over the top five religions that seem to better agree with my personal beliefs in another post.

1. Orthodox Judaism (100%)
2. Sikhism (99%)
3. Islam (96%)
4. Reform Judaism (94%)
5. Baha'i Faith (91%)
6. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (84%)
7. Seventh Day Adventist (84%)
8. Liberal Quakers (83%)
9. Orthodox Quaker (81%)
10. Jainism (76%)
11. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (74%)
12. Unitarian Universalism (73%)
13. Hinduism (71%)
14. Eastern Orthodox (66%)
15. Roman Catholic (66%)
16. Mahayana Buddhism (56%)
17. Neo-Pagan (49%)
18. Scientology (42%)
19. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (41%)
20. Jehovah's Witness (41%)
21. Theravada Buddhism (40%)
22. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (35%)
23. New Thought (35%)
24. New Age (33%)
25. Taoism (23%)
26. Secular Humanism (19%)
27. Nontheist (5%)

No comments: